Product Recalls & Notifications
The recalled products do not meet the labelling requirements and the child-resistant packaging requirements of the Consumer Chemicals and Containers Regulations, 2001 under the Canada Consumer Product Safety Act. The lack of child-resistant packaging and appropriate labelling information could result in unintentional exposure to the products and lead to serious illness or injury, including death.
Due to exposed wiring and overheating, the elements can melt causing a potential fire hazard.
The lack of child-resistant packaging and appropriate labelling information could result in unintentional exposure to the
products and lead to serious illness or injury, including death.
The recalled Crock-Pot® multi-cooker can pressurize when the lid is not properly locked, and cause the lid to suddenly detach while the product is in use, posing burn risks to consumers from hot food and liquids.
The garlic press blades can break during use, posing a laceration hazard to users.
The plastic wheel rims can break if over-inflated, posing a risk of lacerations and fractures
The heating elements of the portable and permanent heating appliances may be defective, posing an electrical arcing and fire hazard.
The TrueTimber food dehydrators can overheat and melt, posing a fire and burn hazard.
The internal wiring of the DEWALT 3/8-inch variable speed reversing drills can come into contact with internal parts, posing a risk of electrical shock.
The side handle supplied with the drill may slip when the drill is in use and lead to loss of control, posing a risk of injury.
The platform on the ladder does not lock securely in place posing a potential fall hazard.
The bulb does not bear a recognized certification mark. This is not a safety issue.
Health Canada's sampling and evaluation program has determined that these lighters do not meet the Lighters Regulations in Canada and may pose a fire or burn hazard.
The cooking grate for the portable gas range can be installed incorrectly, resulting in increased pressure in the unit while in use, posing an explosion and fire hazard to consumers.